2/23/14

attention all masseuses


                          


                        

friday at 6 pm, Kylie texted me and said "wanna run the half marathon tomorrow?" i simply replied "you did not just ask me that. sure. why not?" the next thing we knew, we were standing in front of the start line. i am pretty sure i about died- but we finished. and i walked around Cosco proudly with my trophy. i always wanted to run one- i guess the only way i would was spur of the moment ;)

is it okay if i bring spirituality into this? because me and ky had the most spiritual experience. we got so down we could barely move our feet, (literally we could barely walk!) i said, "why can't Christ just lift us up to the finish line like he brought Moses up?" we began talking about all that Christ has done for us, for everyone, the pain he went through. i couldn't believe that he had already been through that. i was in so much pain. i wanted him to carry me. we began to get chills, we had hope, and we began running. (a hop skip jump kind of run) we finally made it to the finish line, which had to be the most rewarding thing we ever did. without training, we did pretty well,  just don't ask us our time ;) i am so happy we did it! and i am grateful for the feelings, and the love i feel from Christ every day.

i called my mom half way through at mile 7 and she promised me a pedicure, so, i'm taking her up on this right now! ttyl, xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. Wow girl - you rock! I have definitely had some last minute races but never like that! And they have all ended with me praying just to make it across the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! thank you :) that has to be how everyone finishes right?!

      Delete
  2. dang girl. PROPS. it took me months to prepare for mine! but hey way to be that's impressive :) woo woo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cutie!!! props to YOU for training!!! i think that would have been even harder! spur of the moment actually made me do it ;)

      Delete